Monday, June 22, 2009

Daily Bread


It has been incredible to see my perspectives change after traveling to a foreign country seeing the daily lives of others through my own eyes. To catch a glimpse of how selfish I am about my own future. I have always dreamed of having the perfect family, a nice house, a nice car, money to support and make my family happy. These are all nice things to acquire, but who am I to assume this is what God has planned for me. A verse I keep returning to in Proverbs sums it up best, "Give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God." (Proverbs 30:8-9 NIV) I never believed God would ever call me to the mission field, mostly it just wasn't appealing to me because of the living conditions it would bring. After spending 2 weeks with orphans in Ukraine a piece of my heart has been forever left in the eyes of every child I came in contact with. A Love so deep has been instilled within my heart for these fatherless children; I don't believe any words could explain. At the moment I feel God is calling me back to where the pieces of my heart have been scattered throughout the country of Ukraine. It doesn't matter what kind of living conditions I must pertain to as long as I am with those whom I love. For ultimately that these orphans will come to realize thier Father who loves so unconditionally awaiting for them to come running into his arms. A Father they can always count on being there when no one else is around to comfort them. For now I have no idea what God has planned for me in the next minute, day, and the rest of my life; I find beauty in that. I pray it is not my own selfish ambition, but to glorify the Father whatever my future brings in that only my daily bread may be provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment