Monday, June 15, 2009

Hume Lake


It is a beautiful sunny morning staring out into God's beautiful creation known as Hume Lake. For the first time since i have been up here it has been a pretty decently warm morning, which i am so thankful for. I am loving every moment of working with the Hume staff especially in the coffee shop "Hume n' Beans" where we have the most awesome staff. It has been such a blessing working with people who love Jesus and share my same joking sarcasm. I'm really enjoying the contact we get with the campers and the counselors with there daily routine of coffee or smoothies. Most of all God is working through my life in a way that has been more tangible than ever before. Through my morning devotions, prayer, and just listening to what God is trying to tell me in my everyday life. As much as I wish I could jump on a plane and head right back to Ukraine where I left a piece of my heart; God has brought me to realize he has put me right where I am for a reason. He has me in the palm of his hand guiding my every path. God-willing one day I hope to return to that place I grew to love "Ukraine" , but until then I need to focus on this moment in time where God has me and what He wants to do with me.

1 comment:

  1. after I came home I read this verse and thought of you. It's been my prayer.

    Ephesians 3:20 "But to Him who is able to do superabundantly above all that we ask or think according to the power which operates in us. To Him be the glory..."

    THAT is what He is going to do with you Jonathan Henry Foster. Above and beyond all your plans, hopes, and dreams. You are different. Your face even shows it. Keep seeking Him and I can't wait to see what He does with you.

    ReplyDelete