Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ukraine thoughts...


Its been nearly a week since our return home from Ukraine. The kids stories and faces replay over and over again in my mind and run vivid through my dreams. All i can do being so far away is the memories and continued prayer for them. One story that broke my heart a boy named shasha told about his childhood. At the age of five his mother got so drunk he took his three month old brother to the police and convinced them his little brother should not be living at home. His little brother Dima, then was sent to an orphanage. A couple years ago his mother died in a fire while drunk, then about six months ago he lost his father. Shasha went to join his brother at the orphanage at the age of 16. He told our translator Yuri the reason he smoked was because he knew for every cigarette he smoked he was closer to death to be reunited with his mother. These kids are left with no one to love them and no one they can depend on, they are left alone. Even for the three weeks we had to love on the kids we still had to leave and once again they were left alone. If only they knew of how much our Heavenly Father loves them and desires them. A God who will not let them down and will be by there side every second of the day. I hope one day to return to the orphanages, maybe getting the chance to share that love God has for them. If only they could understand who this Creator of the Universe is that desires to hold them in the palm of his hand. Here is a song I have written for these orphans I cant get off my mind.

Another story, another tear streams right down your face
So much hurt , so much pain you try to hold it in
Your broken and dry trying to hide from this world

Theres a love that you can hold on to waiting with open arms
A father who seeks you for his own to restore your broken heart
Come and drink and you will never thirst again

Fatherless, where to go? filled with emptiness
Left alone in the darkness with a longing to be found
Your broken and dry trying to hide from this world

With his touch you will find peace
In his love you will find mercy and grace

Hope you enjoy GOD bless

2 comments:

  1. awwww Jon, this is just one awesome post. I know exactly how you feel!! I hope you get to go back to share God's amazing love with them.

    Your song made my day! I wish I could hear you play it =)

    Jon, you are so gifted. I pray that God would use you mightily for His Kingdom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k im giving this another shot. I'm sure it won't come close to expressing what I want but something is better than nothing.

    beautiful song jon. way to use your gifts to bless the Lord.

    my heart hurts for those babies and mine back in Guatemala and Mexico. Brings back a flood of memories to the surface again. It took me a long time before I was able to fully commit them to the Lord and trust they are in His hands too and that His love for them goes above and beyond mine. trusting in that hope and standing in that hope is what finally brings peace.

    I'm praying for them and you whenever I remember. Hanging out and talking was just what I needed this weekend. Brings everything back into perspective again. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete