Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Secret Place"

There is nothing more comforting than the feeling I get when picking up my guitar and singing praises to our Wonderful Creator. When all around me is hectic with school, friends, family, relationships I know there is one place I can find rest. A friend of mine once described this place of peace to me as that "Secret Place". A place you know all your worries and burdens are placed at the foot of the cross, taken by Jesus with his open arms. Though this last semester has had its up and downs like a roller-coaster that "Secret Place" has created a straight path soothing to my soul. Jesus came and died so that He could be the mediator between God and man as described in 1 Timothy 2:5- "For there is one God, one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus" This is so that we may acquire the opportunity to have a relationship with the Creator of our universe. God wants us to draw nearer deepening a relationship so that we may know him more and more. This is how we may become more like our loving Father who cares for our every thought, by getting to know him spending time in his presence. I encourage you to find that "Secret Place" of yours that God has provided for you to come in and lay your heavy loads at his feet so he may give you rest. I leave you with this verse God welcomes us with...

"Come to me, all you who are tired and have heavy loads, and i will give you rest. Accept my teachings and learn from me, because I am gentle and humble in spirit, and you will find rest for your lives." Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment